X

About this post

Source
Author
Date
4:45 PM | February 21, 2013
Language
English
Categories
URL
Link to this page


There is a very sad report about a fire at an Oregon hospital (OHSU's Doernbecher Children's Hospital) possibly linked to static electricity and alcohol-based hand rub. It appears that an 11 year old girl might have been inducing sparks with her hospital blankets when a fire started on her shirt, causing third degree burns. This is a very infrequent event, but fear of possible fires has led to draconian fire regulations that probably end up harming patients more than the very rare fire. […]

Tags

Comments

Log in to leave a comment